Our goal is to make Open Call activity simple and clear. Here's how to pitch that perfect piece of artwork. Ready?
Select Open Call
Browse our Open Calls and select which one you think your artwork would be well suited for. To pitch most effectively, pay close attention to what the client is looking for. More importantly, ensure the status of the Open Call is set to 'Accepting Pitches'
The Open Call will have 3 distinct areas:
- Brief - All Open Call details, including budget, inspiration images and timelines
- Curated Artwork - This will indicate if the client has curated any artwork for the Open Call
- Pitch My Artwork - Here you can add a new pitch or manage an existing pitch, directly within the Open Call
Before you begin, please note that an Open Call is limited to 2 pitches per artist.
If a client decides to favorite your work, you will be notified via email. You will then be given the opportunity to pitch 2 additional pieces of artwork, for each favorited piece.
Ok, let's go:
Select the tab 'Pitch My Artwork'
You have two areas within 'Pitch My Artwork':
- My Inventory
- My Pitches
- Within 'My Inventory', select which artwork you would like to pitch (it will be displayed as if you were viewing your own profile inventory). Note: there is a 'Search Artwork' option to help you find the piece you're looking for!
- Select the artwork
- Add 'Artist's Pitch' - Tell the client why you recommend this piece.
- Select 'Add Pitch'
Alternatively, you can select to 'Pitch New Artwork'. Here you can directly upload a new piece to the Open Call without returning to your inventory to do so. You will also have the option to add the new artwork to your inventory upon completion. The option to 'Pitch New Artwork' is best suited if you would particularly like to submit a custom commission idea.
Note: If you've already pitched a piece of artwork to the Open Call, the artwork will no longer display 'Pitch'. Rather, the artwork will change to grey and will read 'Modify Pitch' (keep reading to see how to modify your pitches!).
If you have a large number of artworks, the quickest way to see what piece you've pitched previously is to select 'My Pitches' within the 'Pitch My Artwork' tab.
This section will only list the pieces of artwork that you have already pitched to the Open Call you're currently viewing.
Modify my Pitch:
You can modify your pitch in two ways.
- Within 'My Inventory', select the artwork that says 'Modify Pitch' or
- Within 'My Pitches', select the artwork that says 'Modify Pitch'
Once you've identified the artwork that you would like to change, you can:
- Update the 'Artist's Pitch'
- Remove the pitch completely by selecting 'Delete This Pitch' (this will remove the pitch from the Open Call, not from your inventory)
- 'Edit The Artwork' directly (here you can change the price, update the image, add supporting images, update the title etc. Note however, that any changes made directly to the artwork within 'Edit Artwork' within 'Modify Pitch' will be made across all pitches the artwork is associated to. i.e. This is a site-wide update)
See our other Pitching FAQs for additional support:
- What Makes a Good Pitch?
- Who can see my pitches?
- How many works can an artist pitch per open call?
- I don't seem to be able to pitch my artwork, what am I doing wrong?